Sunday 25 September 2011

I won't take liberties. I will just take on the world.


Liberty's back with a new range of designs on the Nike high tops. The fact that these are popular (selling out the first time around) is that they give women the choice of being ultra feminine and comfortable at the same time. Not many shoes can boast these qualities. Someone once said that you should buy a good pair of shoes and a good bed as you are in either one. I heartily concur. 

I distinctly remember a time when it was so difficult to find a pair of trainers for women. Pastel shades that would not be out of place in a Dulux colour chart from Wickes. It goes without saying that I  own a pair of Nike high tops (and the Nike ID App on my phone) but my yearning for a perfect pair was not unsullied by hours spent in Nike Town and Size?in a state of misguided confusion. Where were they? Make a sign, speak to me from the shelves. Having dimunitive proportions can be a blessing (slip passed bargain shoppers at the height of sale fever, over rows of seats at a LFW) but also a curse. My feet were subjected to the kid's section or indeed the rather scant woman's selection in First Sport. I knew that men had an unrivalled resplendent array of swanky sports shoes. It left me wanting. I am glad that, at last, such a luminary as Liberty's saw sense and collaborated a line in which all women can express themselves through their footwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment