Sunday 15 April 2012

The Disney - ing Heights

Asos image
You are either a Disney or a Pixar person and as Pixar was not as popular as the giant, Disney during my formative years I would have to show more allegiance to the company with the castle - in - the - sky iconography.

I think my unfaltering support can be deduced by the fact that I got my debit card stolen as a student in the Bond Street branch of the Disney store buying a Tinkerbell pencil sharpener. I never used pencils on my degree course. And of course who hasn't completed the: 'which princess am I?' competition on Facebook (Belle and I cannot for the life of me remember why, but I will take it as I am not that fond of sleeping or dwarves but properly like beasts). 

The Disney Couture range is like the adult designed Harry Potter books, a bit more expensive but you feel that you are not childish for liking it. This 3D castle ring is £59.99 from Asos but it is trendy, kitsch and gold - plated. It taps into the fantastical of fashion where you feel you have special powers. When I was nine I had a pair of Clarks shoes which came with a key to unlock into the sole of the shoe. They were actually called Magic Shoes. I felt I could enter a special portal of a princess land and overcome treacherous and dangerous quests. I even remember the advert, the girl saves a fairytale land from a wicked witch. The Disney couture range at Asos is the 2012 grown up equivalent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment