Sunday 10 March 2013

And now for some Other Stories

Google Image
I am excited by the name, I have already picked out pieces to buy from the collection, all I have to do now is visit the new & Other Stories store on Regent Street which launched just two days ago. The idea of a new store only really 'wows' me when it is combined with being a new brand to discover and fall in love with.

Google Image


From the folks who bought us H&M comes a store with a more expensive price tag which appears to focus on more minimalist pieces with less emphasis on throw away fashion. Finally high street shops have realised that cheap does not always sell to the most savvy stylistas out there.


H&M will always have a special place in my heart - but only mainly for producing the modern collection in its stores. It sometimes feels like a double edged sword when I take a trip there because you feel you are getting a a great separate for a bargain but then a surge of guilt rises when you realise that you a getting a great separate for a bargain. It is like gorging on a McDonalds meal deal. A great moment followed by regret.

& Other Stories will hopefully have more cache and make feel like a less hollow individual when I walk through its doors. We will have to wait and see whether the shiny and new wrapper has longevity.

http://and-other-stories.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment