Friday 30 August 2013

Do the Shop-Bop

Google Image of Freja Beha modelling her new collection for Mother
Being quite the traditionalist that I am it can often take me awhile (ten years or so) to catch onto a new trend. The cynic inside me asks questions and takes a dubious approach regarding said new trend's credibility. I wait for a safe amount of time for it to be thoroughly vetted. But if everyone is online shopping now I think I might give it a go.

Don't get me wrong, I have had the odd flirtation online. A pair of western boots from boohoo.com and a promotional offer on a pair of Swedish Hasbeens. But that is as far as it has gone. Until now.

As I have decided to unofficially re-name September Denim month due to the fact that Selfridges have got a new wall dedicated to denim and Karlie Kloss has collaborated with the brand Frame Denim. Now Danish model Freja Beha has created a line for American jeans brand, Mother. A grunge rock type infusion of style (my favourite fashion fusion), the collections include a stonewash skinny entitled The Muse, diamante embellishment called The Crystal Cove and the Foxy Boxy for high-waist lovers.  10% of all proceeds go to the Médecins Sans Frontières charity so guilt free fit jeans. It is available on shopbop.com in September... like two days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment