Monday 30 September 2013

Little Boots??!!



Google Image
I am going for the minimalist vibe this aw/13. My blog posts headlines have been shortened considerably. No pithy pun this time, just one word is enough. I do believe one word is underrated - it can say more than 50 such regurgitated waffle of mine.

As every woman in her right, or indeed, wrong mind will agree, boots are must buy autumn purchase along with a new coat (I update every year which does mean I have a few coats at home keeping warm in a wardrobe). This year I have to admit that I am loving the thigh high.

Okay it means you need to have the legs of Alexa Chung or Kate Moss's body double in the new Stuart Weitzman video campaign: http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-features/TMG10319674/Kate-Moss-struts-her-stuff-in-Stuart-Weitzman-boots-made-for-walking.html

And side bar here, why does Kate Moss need a leg double? Why did Julia Roberts in the Pretty Woman film poster?  Both women have better pins now than I did at fifteen years of age. It beggars belief.

And there is the unwanted prostitute association/look to contend with when wearing said boots to local pub. But just take one look at Olivia Palermo at Carven's ss/14 show and it is undeniable that I just must have a pair. Soften the slutty connotations by teaming with skinny jeans and peter pan collar girlie blouse.

My words have been shortened but my boots have been lengthened. Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment