Tuesday 30 August 2011

Next Stop Kitsch Central

Any kitsch fan worth their salt will know who the main cute players are: hello kitty, robots (so cute, especially pink ones with lipstick on) and pandas. Okay, these are just the ones that I find harder to resist. I bought the slippers and the oyster wallet from a Japanese panda devoted shop in London's Trocodero or kitsch Mecca. I was actually en route to the other shop housed in the same centre which sells hello kitty trinkets and novelty gifts. The place stopped me in my tracks and was a Caroline Von Please. I am considering creating a Hello kitty london guide seeing as I have already mentioned the Cybercandy shop in Covent Garden. Obviously Artbox would have a special mention, (King's Road, Chelsea) the official merchandiser of Sanrio products. Another place that caught my kitsch eye (I have a special eye that flickers when kitsch is within a one mile radius) is Paperchase on Tottenham Court Road. The size of a TKMaxx (another beloved retailer of kitsch accessories and clothing) yet full of, for want of a better word, stationary. I got the stickers, which I must say, show some girls who have nailed the 60's trend this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment